Personal Injury Doctors for Traumatic Brain Injuries

A traumatic brain injury can be just that, traumatizing.  If you or someone you love has been involved in an accident that has resulted in a traumatic brain injury, then you know how serious it can be.  Traumatic brain injuries can be anything from concussions from hitting the head to severe damage that leads to rehabilitation.  One thing is for sure, you want to make sure you are in the hands of an expert personal injury doctor if you have suffered a TBI.  But what kind of care may be required?

TBI Brain Injury

Physical Injuries

First and foremost, a personal injury doctor’s job is to treat the physical injuries from an accident.  This could mean even using more than one doctor for the best treatment plan.  For example, some TBI’s may require surgery, which could mean finding a trusted neurosurgeon to perform the operation.  Other traumatic brain injuries may require services from a primary care doctor who can order specific tests such as EEG and diagnose and treat patients individually and with careful consideration to each symptom presented.  For instance, a primary care physician will pay attention to symptoms such as headaches, vomiting, dizziness, or anything out of the ordinary to seek to get to the root of the problem.  Other physical injuries may also require the services of physical therapists to help the body regain strength and mobility after a traumatic brain injury accident.  Whatever type of care is needed, it should most definitely be the very best.

Emotional Injuries

Traumatic brain injuries can have lasting effects, and not all are physical.  Emotional trauma can also result from accidents.  A skilled personal injury doctor will know to not only look for physical symptoms, but also emotional symptoms that may require treatment and care.  A personal injury doctor with your best interest in mind will be sure to refer you to highly recommended therapists or psychiatrists who can assist with managing the emotional or behavioral concerns that are also associated with a TBI.

Whether a TBI requires the services of a neurosurgeon, ENT, nutritionist, physical therapist, or anything in between, one doctor is at the center of it all, and that’s your personal injury doctor.  Be sure to consult a personal injury doctor you can trust to provide the utmost in professional and quality care.  Contact Blue Star Rehabilitation for more information.